In October 2010, 17 of us made a trek to the Annapurna Sanctuary. This trek was an eye opening experience for all of us that how people can be happy even with minimum facilities. We met very generous and happy people, who were ready to help us in every step.
We were greeted with warm greetings and kindness. We were so impressed with their hospitality and generousness that forced us to think about doing something in return. So we decided to help them starting with small project for their village. Majority of the staff on our trek were from a remote village in eastern part of Nepal, so we decided to help their village called Merangding, Solukhumbu starting with informal education for women and children, club house for local club and drinking water project etc.
Given the enormity of the task and our small numbers, we decided to shout for help / support to raise funds from every interested individual in France so we registered an association “Association for Development of Nepal / Merangding” (ADN) http://association-developpement-nepal.e-monsite.com where anyone can drop by and contribute for this project.
Mr. Jean VENARA and Mr André BRETON
Association for Development of Nepal / Merangding (ADN)
51 Rue de Voves
28630 Le Coudray
Contributed / Completed Projects:
– 15 Computers for Angpang School – 2016
– Solar Panel for Merangding School – 2016
– Poultry Farming, Merangding – 2016
– Metal sheets distribution – 2015 (Emergency shelter for earthquake victims)
– Drinking Water Project for Merangding, Jorsalle and Katike villages – 2015
– Informal Education Project for Women – 2015
– Community House building, Merangding – 2015